Covid 19 Policies
Re-Opening Protocol - What is required of you?
Due to new procedures that are required by WA state your serivce is going to look a little different. Please note that if you are sick or around someone who is sick you will be asked to reschedule. All cancellation fees due to sickness will be waived. Here's what's new:
1) Waiting areas are closed. This means you will need to wait in your car. Please be in the parking lot by your scheduled appointment time, You will receive a text when my studio is completely cleaned and ready to go for you. No guests (including family) are allowed unless it is a child under 16 receiving a service and being accompanied by a parent.
2) Please only bring in necessary items (Mask, Wallet, Key, Phone). Any purses or coats will need to be put in a clean, disposable bag (provided by me) for the duration of your visit.
3) Masks are required to enter the building. You must wear the ones that go around your ear. If you do not have one, let me know the day before your appointment and I may have a one available for purchase that I could bring out to your car. Please note that if you are receiving a color service the mask may get stained (especially around the ears.)
4) Temperature checks will be required of employees and may be required from clients before entering during this time. If a client or stylist has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher they will be sent home.
5) The following questions will be asked:
Have you been or been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the past 14 days: coughing or fever?
If the answer is yes I will not be able to perform your service.
6) Before entering the suite you will be directed to the bathroom and asked to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
7) Once entering the suite you will be asked to use hand sanitizer.
8) When shampooing I am required to put a towel over your face to cover your eyes.
9) If you know you need to stock up on retail products, let me know before your appointment and I will have it disinfected and ready in a bag for you to take home.
10) Food and drink in the suite are prohibited. If you are receiving a color service. you may go outside while processing to remove your mask and have some food. I can also send you home with a drink or snack.
11) No cash or checks will be accepted as payment during this time. Only cards (touch-less payments will be accepted.
Re-Opening Protocol - What is required of me?
There are many regulations that are salons are already required to follow for sanitation and health. When getting my license the main points of knowledge they tested me on was cleaning and disinfection standards. I will continue to follow these guidelines and implement new guidelines as well. Those guidelines are:
I will be wearing a mask and eye protection. I will also be changing my smock/apron with each appointment.
I will continue to use viricudial, fungicidal, and germicidal cleaning solutions for my tools as well as all surfaces and products a client may touch.
I will be using a newly laundered cape for each new guest.
It is not required to recertify in a sanitation knowledge test but I have chosen to do so through Barbicide and I have passed their course.